Sunday, September 7, 2008

Waiting Patiently


We're still in Newport, but have a window now where we believe we'll be able leave. Looks like things improve on Wednesday, and we are planning to pull up stakes then. I hope nothing changes between now and then to delay us further. We're all getting tired of hanging around here. Heck. I'm volunteering to cook just for something to do! The picture is of the dock where we're sitting, and all the boats waiting along with us. We are the third from the end of the dock. You can kind of make out our dark blue sail covers.

The weather today is gorgeous- the best we've had. Sunny, warm and the wind is staying mild, instead of gale force. Sandy and I got out and washed the boat. THAT'S not a job for sissies! Looks squeaky clean now. I vacuumed the inside and cleaned up the galley.

We have a car for the day, which belongs to a friend of Sandy's who lives here in Newport. Awfully generous of her to loan it to us. So Sandy and Chris have gone to Fred Meyers and the marine store.

And that, my friends, is about it!
Take care.
Patty

2 comments:

Mary said...

Dear Ms. No More Pencils, No More Books;

Your life looks a lot different from mine right now! I love hearing from you about your adventures. Keep us posted!


Mary

Lori said...

Hi Patty,
Wednesday??? How much more cleaning can you find to do between now and then? It must be about time to whip up another batch of cookies. I hope the weather holds for you. It's Sunday night and do I ever feel free!